Who we are:
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM), a professional membership association, promotes the advancement and professional development of its members who prepare the next generation of internal medicine physicians and leaders through education, research, engagement, and collaboration. Representing over 11,000 members, AAIM is the largest association of faculty and administrative staff serving in departments of medicine. AAIM has an opening for a Marketing Senior Specialist on the Marketing team. Located in the Old Town section of Alexandria, Virginia, AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines. To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.im.org.
What this job is about:
The marketing senior specialist will be an engaged member of a growing marketing and communications operation. The role is primarily responsible for writing email, website, and social media content in support of current and developing products and services of AAIM.
- An experienced copywriter, the marketing senior specialist provides tactical support in the planning, creation, and implementation of content across digital channels (i.e., websites, social media, video, email communications).
- Produce and disseminate high quality, engaging written resources and other communications while advancing goals and objectives as set out in the AAIM operational and strategic plan.
- Comfortable with day-to-day communications and marketing activities as well as supporting long-term strategy, thriving under tight deadlines, and adapting to changing needs.
- Works with the entire staff to identify content needs and opportunities, crafts messages that show value, utilizes best practices in disseminating this information on social media, web, and email communications, and tracks the effectiveness of the campaigns.
What is required for this job:
- 3–5 years of experience including writing, editing, and managing digital content; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Marketing, or related field.
- Knowledge of web content best practices and digital content distribution channels.
- Highly skilled at writing across digital and print media.
- Familiarity with social media channels and channel management tools.
- Ability to produce video and basic graphic design skills a plus.
- Sufficient flexibility and creativity to make midstream adjustments to achieve editorial and business goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Foster and build relationships within all levels of the organization to develop content transfer, marketing product development, and oversight.
- Organized, self-directed, detail and deadline oriented.
- Strong skills at developing and managing timelines and garnering content for multi-year tactical campaigns.
- Significant contact with vendors to manage content, graphic design, production, and dissemination of marketing and communication vehicles.
- Adapt quickly to new information, requirements, and priorities.
- Committed to working in a team focused environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel 5–8 days per year for conferences.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office required.
- Experience with Informz, Higher Logic, and Associations Anywhere platforms a plus.
What you will get out of it:
- Develop your project management, communication, and budgeting skills.
- Insight into academic internal medicine.
- Work with committed and dedicated professionals in a collaborative and high performing environment.
- Professional development opportunities to grow your career.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan with a 7% contribution after one year of service, generous leave policy, onsite parking, flexible work schedule, and more!
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, three work samples, and salary requirements to email@example.com
*Note that currently the office status is full time telework until September 30, 2021. In October, AAIM staff will return to working in the office.